Friday, June 1, 2012

Reeling in the Bait :-)

Who would have thought that fishing could bring two beautiful people together? Well for this couple, one fishing conversation was all it took. Angela tells the story best of how their love story began...


"Markece and I met at North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, North Carolina. 



 He was a grad student and I was an undergrad.  We just so happened to be taking the same class.   


We were sitting in the back of the classroom with 2 other classmates, and we got on the subject of who looks like their parents (I have no clue why were talking about this).  I told him that I look more like my mom. 


I showed him a picture of my mom in my phone.  Then, I showed him a picture of my dad, who had fishing rods in his picture.  Markece said, "Hmm, your dad fishes.  Where does he go?"  


I replied, "Mostly the Chesapeake Bay, but he goes to other places as well.  He's even been to Alaska." 


He said, "Wow!  Alaska?  Do you go fishing with him?"

I answered, "I've never been to Alaska but I do go fishing occasionally. And, I bait my own hook too."


 Markece turned back around to listen to the professor.  Then I noticed that he kept turning around and staring at me.  I thought to myself, "What is wrong with this boy?"  



Suddenly, he threw a folded piece of paper at me.  I opened it, and it said, "Will you go fishing with me? 

Check the box: "Yes", "No", or "Maybe". 


I laughed, checked "Maybe", and gave him back the paper. 


He asked, "Why, 'Maybe'?" and gave me back the paper.  I told him that I was going home for spring break, but we could go fishing when I would get back.  

Later that month, we went on our first date.


Six years later, we'll be getting married and we look forward to spending the rest of our lives together :)"


Congratulations Angela and Markece! I truly enjoyed helping to capture your memories as you prepare for your special day. May you have many more fishing adventures to come!


Blessings, 
L.J. :-)




1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Ya'll are going to be "gone fishin'" soon enough...I can't wait! I love you guys...and I love these photos! Amazing job, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete